- Blank Confession - 2011
- The Book of Night Women - 2010
- Carrier: Untangling the Danger in My DNA - 2011
- The Compassionate Carnivore - 2009
- Find the Girl - 2011
- Hard Work and a Good Deal- 2009
- Honor Bright: A Century of Scouting in Northern Star Council - 2010
- I Go to AmericaL Swedish American Women and the Life of Mina Anderson - 2010
- I Wish I had a Heart Like Yours, Walt Whitman - 2010
- Jelly's Gold - 2010
- The Latehomecomer- 2009
- The Magician's Elephant - 2010
- My Heart is Like a Zoo - 2011
- National Monuments- 2009
- News to Me: Adventure of an Accidental Journalist - 2011
- Opening Goliath: Danger and Discovery in Caving - 2010
- Opposite of Cold: The Northwoods Finnish Sauna Tradition - 2011
- The Plague of Doves- 2009
- Red Sings from Treetops - 2010
- Stalking Susan- 2009
- Tale of Halcyon Crane - 2011
- Twelve Long Months- 2009
- Vestments - 2011
- The Wolf at Twilight: An Indian Elder's Journey through a Land of Ghosts and Shadows - 2010
Each year the Friends of the St. Paul Public Library award the Minnesota Book Awards to Minnesota authors, illustrators, and book artists in eight categories. Categories include children's literature, general non-fiction, genre fiction, memoir and creative non-fiction, poetry, young people's literature, Minnesota, novel and short story. A people's choice award is also given. All Minnesotans can vote on their favorite nominee for the people's choice. Titles for the Book Club in a Bag kits are selected from Minnesota Book Award winners and can be checked out through the library. Each kit includes 10 copies of a book, reader guides, and bookmarks in a handy canvas bag.
To find the Book Club in a Bag kits in Horizon, search for Book Club in a Bag under Series search. To find the Book Club in a Bag kits in AquaBrowser, type Book Club in a Bag in the search box (make sure you are searching all libraries as the kits are located in the SELCO office). Only library staff may request these kits, and they cannot order them directly through their Horizon account. All requests must come through SELCO and be handled by the Media Scheduling software. To book a Book Club in a Bag Kit, please send a request to SELCO at firstname.lastname@example.org. The email must include the Book title, the date needed and a requested due date. The kits can be checked out for up to a month at a time, and you may check out more than one kit at a time. If you are planning to book one or more kits, please check for availability before scheduling your event.
The Book Club in a Bag Kits have been assembled in canvas tote bags. As requested, the kits will be delivered via the SELCO delivery vans. Each tote will have a hold slip with the requester's name and the due date for the kit. When you receive the bag, you do not need to check it in. Please check the item out to the appropriate staff member using the kit--that way we can collect the required statistics on the usage. You will need to edit the due date to the date from the hold slip. When returning the Book Club in a Bag Kit to SELCO, please check to make sure all 10 copies of the title are in the tote, check in the kit, and return via the delivery courier.
Each kit will contain a paper copy of the evaluation. An electronic version of the evaluation will also be available. Please click here to fill out a Book Club in a Bag evaluation (update -- evaluation in process).
This project was funded in part or in whole with money from Minnesota's Arts and Cultural Heritage fund.