SELCO seeks an energetic and enthusiastic librarian for the mission critical, full-time position of Regional Librarian.
The successful candidate must have demonstrated ability to fulfill job objectives, responsibilities, and duties including:
- Provide program support to SELCO/SELS academic, public, school and special member libraries
- Consult with and advise libraries about available services, programs, grants and workshops, including in-region travel and site visits
- Work cooperatively with the Continuing Education Team to develop and offer an integrated continuing education and training schedule
- Communicate regularly and share organizational content with various audiences using a wide variety of tools including, but not limited to, websites, social media, email, and paper documents
- Assist with the coordination of regional and MnLINK Interlibrary Loan (ILL) program and other resource sharing activities
- Participate in the planning and implementation of statewide and regional Arts and Cultural Heritage Funding Library Legacy activities
- Assist with advocacy efforts at the local, state and national levels
- Support member library annual report submission and prepare SELCO/SELS annual reports
- Plan and execute the annual children’s and adult reading programs
- Apply for and administer grants in the manner prescribed by the funding sources
- Manage SELCO’s special collections
- Foster statewide library relationships and regional cooperative ventures
- Possess an accredited MLS or School Library Media Specialist degree
- Possess excellent computer skills and experience using electronic information resources and relevant software applications; work experience in a SirsiDynix Horizon environment desirable
- Possess an ability to organize and prioritize work projects, as well as implement and interpret programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures necessary for providing quality service
- Demonstrate and practice effective knowledge management skills
- Consideration will be given to internal and external candidates simultaneously
- Preference will be given to candidates applying prior to Thursday, July 25, 2013. Candidate review will begin July 31. Interviews will be held early-to-mid August. Position will remain open until filled
- Interested internal candidates must submit a letter of application to Ann Hutton, Executive Director specifically describing relevant job experience and potential opportunities for professional development no later than end-of-business-day, Thursday, June 28, 2013
- External applicants must complete SELCO’s online employment application
SELCO shall provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
The Rochester Public Library (MN) seeks a dynamic, creative and enthusiastic Young Adult Librarian who has a sincere passion for working with teens and absolutely loves YA literature. The successful candidate will possess crackerjack customer service skills, an unparalleled ability to create innovative programs in partnership with teens ages 13 to 18, a strong interest in outreach services and community engagement, top-notch communication skills and super-duper technology skills.
Responsibilities of the position include providing incredible reference and readers advisory services to the public at the Youth Services Division information desk, creating, presenting and evaluating fantastic programs for teens, building partnerships with community organizations, selecting YA materials using the library's collection development policy and many other unbelievably exciting duties as assigned.
The Youth Services Division of Rochester Public Library cultivates in youth a desire for knowledge, an interest in creative pursuits, a lifelong love of books and a sense of community. The Youth Services Division aims to be a destination in the community by providing stellar library experiences through community engagement, creativity, interactive programs and activities, technology, well-rounded materials collections and excellent information services.
Rochester Public Library, a division of the City of Rochester, MN, is a very busy downtown library and bookmobile (approximately 600,000 visits per year, over 1.6 million items checked out and the busiest bookmobile in the state of Minnesota). RPL serves the City of Rochester, Olmsted County, and visitors from all over the world.
We strengthen community and enrich lives by sparking imagination, creativity, engagement, and learning.
CITY OF LONSDALE PUBLIC LIBRARY
LIBRARY DIRECTOR POSITION OPENING
The Lonsdale Public Library Board is accepting applications for a part-time (32 hours per week) Library Director that will manage the operations of the Lonsdale Public Library, including administering, planning, organizing, evaluating and directing all library operations. The library opened in March of 2010, is approximately 4,000 square feet, which includes the library area and two meeting rooms and is located in the Villages of Lonsdale building. It is expected hiring for the position will take place the week of June 24th.
Minimum qualifications: Bachelors Degree and demonstrated course work in Library Services with four (4) years of progressive responsibility in library services. Experience preferred in Horizon ILS and Library Certification. Must possess and maintain or be able to obtain by time of hire, a valid Class D Minnesota driver's license.
Desired qualifications: Master’s Degree in Library Science or a related field, with five years progressively responsible in Library operations, which includes three years of previous supervisory experience and experience with Library automation systems or any combination of education and/or experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills and abilities will be considered.
Starting salary will be $16.37/hour and not include insurance benefits.
A completed job application, resume and cover letter must be submitted to Joel Erickson, City Administrator, 415 Central St. W., P.O. Box 357, Lonsdale, MN 55046 no later than 4:30 p.m. on Friday, June 7, 2013. Contact City Hall for a job application and job description at (507) 744-2327 or visit the City’s web site at www.lonsdale.govoffice.com. Faxed applications will not be accepted.
Elementary School Teaching/Media Specialist(s)
Rochester Public Schools, Rochester, MN
Date Available: 08/26/2013
The following positions are available for the 2013-2014 school year:
1.0 LTS - .8 at Gage/.2 at Hoover Elementary Schools
1.0 FTE - .8 at Franklin/.2 at Washington Elementary Schools
1.0 FTE - .8 at Riverside/.2 at Washington Elementary Schools
1.0 FTE - .75 at John Adams Middle School/.25 at Bishop Elementary School
0.3 FTE at Longfellow Elementary School
WORK YEAR: 192 days per year
SALARY: Based on level of education and full years of licensed teaching experience, visit http://www.rochester.k12.mn.us/page/3010 for salary schedule information.
- Takes responsibility for the learning of our students and his/her own performance
- Supervises media paraprofessional's work
- Possesses the knowledge and skills to build effective educational experiences that benefit all students
- Functions as an effective member of the educational/school team
- Utilizes effective interpersonal skills
- Manages media center collections and budgets (including leveled libraries in elementary schools)
- Provides direct instruction in media literacy (elementary)
- Provides media support to students and teachers
Current Minnesota K-12 Library/Media Specialist license required.
Common and Shared Accountabilities for All Positions
Employees of the Rochester Public School District #535 are expected to support the goals, model and promote an environment that is respectful for all, and work collaboratively with other staff to focus on the needs of the learner. A quality, customer focus that conveys a welcome attitude, an adaptability to change, and a desire for continuous improvement is also expected of all employees. In addition, staff are to respect confidential matters, encourage a safe and secure environment throughout the schools, and be dependable and accountable employees.
Rochester Public Schools has the seventh largest enrollment in Minnesota with 16,300 K-12 students with a District goal to diversify its workforce. The student population mirrors the growing diversity of the community with a minority student population of 27.37 percent. Rochester, Minnesota, a city of 100,000 and twice voted "The Best Place to Live in America" by Money magazine, is home to the Mayo Clinic and IBM. Rochester draws residents and visitors from around the world. Competitive salary and benefits provided.
Individuals who wish to be considered for this position must apply online at www.applitrack.com/rochester/onlineapp.
For more information about other job opportunities, check the Minnesota library job postings on MLA site