A new version of the Suggest A Title webform has been launched! The new form expands things a bit to provide more information for SELCO and Online Library staff processing suggestions. It also allows patrons more flexibility in how they fill out the form. Features include:
- New fields, such as Name and Email address or phone number
- Your library -- Instead of requiring patron barcodes, the form now prompts patrons to select their library off of a dropdown. This features recognizes that patrons are more mobile than ever before and may not always be using the library at which they are registered. It also gives parents an opportunity to make suggestions to their child's school media center.
- CAPTCHAs -- A CAPTCHA is a simple test that patrons must perform before submitting the webform to ensure that they are, indeed, people and not automated systems. Using a CAPTCHA helps ensure that the form does not get spammed with illegitimate requests.
With the exception of the Your Library and title suggestion itself, all the fields in the form are optional, allowing patrons to decide how much or how little information they wish to provide. It is hoped that this nod to patron privacy will increase the use of the form.
Access to the webform has not changed; patrons still use the Suggest a Title tab in the Online Catalog to bring the form up. Online Libraries that have linked to the form on other webpages do not need to update thier links; the URL of form has not changed.
Round Two of the implementation of tabs in the catalog is complete. All Online Libraries who responded by the Round Two deadline now have local-use tabs installed and active. If your library did not participate in either round and you would like to have local-use tabs installed, please contact the [SELCO Help Desk] for assistance.
With the completion of Round Two, the following enhancements have been moved to the Completed Enhancements list:
- Create individual Resource pages, accessible from the catalog, for libraries that provide locally-owned databases
- Add Purchase Request webfom